The European Academy of Management (EURAM) was founded in 2001 and its head office is in Brussels, Belgium.
In 1999, the European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM) took the initiative to invite management scholars to evaluate the opportunity to launch an association for general management in Europe.
The first annual conference was organised at IESE in Barcelona, Spain. Since then, EURAM has crisscrossed Europe from North to South and East to West.
Overtime, EURAM has developed programmes and activities to accompany members throughout their professional career lifecycle:
Its own journal in 2003, the European Management Review with an impact factor of 1.33 (currently ranked 119/194);
A Doctoral Consortium in 2006;
The Strategic Interest Groups in 2009 that continuously develop EURAM’s community;
A programme for European Directors of Research in 2009;
A programme for junior faculty, EURAM’s Early Career Consortium (EECC) in 2010.
With over 1000 members, EURAM has quickly developed a community of engaged management scholars in Europe.
The Past Presidents of the Academy are:
- 2001-2006 - Professor Joan E. Ricart, IESE (Founding President)
- 2006-2010 - Professor Peter McKiernan, Strathclyde University
- 2010-2012 - Professor Morten Huse, BI Norwegian School of Business & University of Witten/Herdecke
- 2012-2014 - Professor Maurizio Zollo, Bocconi University
- 2014-2016 - Professor Luca Gnan, University of Tor Vergata